Sometimes the small things mean the most like:
1. A text from your friend saying she’s proud of you.
2. A dance party to the new Taylor Swift song (whatever – you know this is catching stuff).
3. Sleeping in an extra hour on a Wednesday.
4. Busting through a work to-do list (I live for them).
5. Late night chats with a bestie.
And sometimes it’s the big things like:
1. Going to your doctor just before your 5-year cancer anniversary to have a thyroid ultrasound that shows there is absolutely no cancer or tumors or nodules to be seen. That’s right – cancer free.
2. And after that, telling your coworkers who seem just as excited as you are, even though you’ve only known them six months and knowing that you are exactly where you are supposed to be.
3. And then hearing from your two besties about how excited they are, with one saying she has tears of excitement in her eyes. That’s true friendship.