So I didn’t do awful on my 2014 resolutions so let’s see how 2015 goes.
1. Not go out as often and save money. Looking at my bank account, I realized I went out way too much this past year. And as a girl that’s looking to purchase a home in the next 2-3 years, that needs to slow down. Luckily I have some friends looking to do the same so hopefully we keep each other in check.
2. Not look back on what could have been or what was. This is going to be a tough one. Especially with some recent changes but I think it’s the healthiest decision to make.
3. Disconnect once a month. I’m not going to lie – this one is going to be difficult. But I’m starting to realize how badly I need to disconnect from work emails, social media, etc. Not just for a break, but also to help with my sleep habits. I know that my insomnia tends to be stress related so anything I can do to help with that is going to be important.
4. For real, work on that book that I want to write.
5. And seriously, plan a vacation. On my to visit list: Boston, Dallas, Seattle. If I can make one of these trips happen this year I’d be happy. Add NYC to see The Chew to this list too (though that one may take a little more work).
6. Continue to put experiences over things. Yes, I’m the girl that will drop $$ to go to the Cavs home opener, or a playoff game. But those experiences are memories that I’ll have forever. I’d like to continue to do that in the upcoming year (with the balance of saving money along the way).
7. Send handwritten notes. I know how much they mean to me when I get a thank you or when my mentor has sent me a “I’m proud of you” note. It can be time consuming but in 2015, I want to send one person a month a note. Totally possible.
8. Make spin class a priority. I feel a million times better after going to spin class yet still can always make excuses as to why not to go (Browns game, work, reality TV that I feel I need to live tweet along with).
9. Spend time with those that matter most. Even if it’s just a half hour for coffee or a dinner at home. I need to learn to say work can wait for a bit and make time with friends and family.
10. Avoid canoes. At all costs. It’s time to move on from that.
What are you planning on doing in 2015 that maybe you haven’t before? Bring it on 2015…Bring. It. On.