No, I’m not going to bust out into Sound of Music songs…though part of me sort did as I wrote that title. It’s no secret that I adore Christmas and it’s one of the reasons I can’t imagine living somewhere that doesn’t have four seasons, including winter.
Since it is one of my favorite times of the year, I thought I could break down some of my favorite things about the holiday throughout the next few weeks. The first? Christmas music. Seriously, I’ve been ready to blare Christmas music. Just ask New 102 who I tweeted to at least once a week asking for the turnover to Christmas 102. And now that it’s officially okay to play Christmas music here are my must-haves:
1. N’SYNC – Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. Obvi, anything with Justin is perfection but seriously, how do you not sing along with this one and have a mini dance party? (And this video…lol!)
2. Michael Buble – Cold December Night. I love me some Buble all year round but his voice during Christmastime, just makes me happy.
3. Wham – Last Christmas. I had to include this for a few reasons. A. I love the song and B. I had a full conversation about this song in a bar on Friday night. And again…this video…lol.
4. Maria Carey – All I want for Christmas. Who does not sing this in their car when it comes on? I’d like to know if there’s one person that cannot help but blare this song, sing it out and dance party it out when it comes on. Gosh, I love the 90s.
5. Kelly Clarkson – Underneath the Tree. I heart some Kelly and this song doesn’t disappoint at all. I’m pretty much in love with the entire album but I’ve had a few dance parties in my office to this one on a couple Friday afternoons already.
6. She & Him – Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas. This is one of my favorite classic Christmas songs and always has been. This version by She & Him just is peaceful.
7. Pentatonix – Little Drummer Boy. I just discovered this version this past weekend and I’m already a huge fan. Take a listen and let me know what you think.
8. A Baby Changes Everything – Faith Hill. Faith is one of my all time favorite country singers so I had to have a Faith song on here. (Of note: I’d like her necklace in this video.)
What are your must have Christmas songs on your playlist during the holiday season?