I prefer not to call these resolutions for 2012, but rather goals. So here we go (please note: I realize I’m about a week behind on posting these, but better late than never):
1. Start eating healthier. This also includes just eating in general. My co-workers will tell you that I am awful about skipping lunch. Breakfast is typically a granola bar and a venti Starbucks (and that’s if we are lucky). Lunch is non-existent (which I’m sure other PR/Advertising Pros will tell you happens often). Afternoon snack is typically either a Diet Coke or another Starbucks. This needs to change. And I want to start actually bringing my lunch – in order to save $$. Working downtown and eating lunch downtown can get expensive!
2. Focus on my career. I pretty much already do that but I want to continue to focus on this area of my life.
3. Focus on my faith. I need to start going to church more often again. End of story.
4. Meet more Twitter friends. I love social networking and have met some amazing new friends through Twitter. I can’t wait to attend more Tweet-ups and have more coffee/drink dates with friends from Twitter!
5. Shop local. This past Christmas, I made this a goal and I didn’t do too bad at all. I want to continue to engage in Cleveland’s awesome local shops. The Made in the 216 event was one of my favorites from 2011 and I can’t see what else Danielle from DU has up her sleeves for 2012!
6. Stop focusing on the little things and think big picture. Yes, sometimes life doesn’t go the way I want – I need to stop focusing on those little things though.
7. Be patient. Patience is a virtue I tend to not have. Whether it be in my personal life, career or with others. I really want to start being more patient with others and with myself.
8. Take my medication. Every day. 2011 was a bit of an issue when it came to my medication. This year, I must be better. And I must attend all doctors appointments – even the scary cancer follow-up appointments. After all, only three more years and I’ll officially be”cancer-free”.
More than anything, I wanna live life by this quote (thanks to The Daily Balance for sharing):
“Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now.”