Ever have one of those feelings where you just feel uneasy about something but can’t put your finger on it? That’s been my past week. Ugh. And I cannot even name all the people – coworkers and friends – that are having the exact same issue. (And hence the reason that I’m up at 1am blogging….)
The upside: this week has a lot to look forward to and the Browns win on Sunday did help.
Fun upcoming CLE events:
1. First AAF Cleveland event of the program year: Advertising Evolves, So Should You. I’m excited to hear Edward Boches, CIO of Mullen speak, see some Ad friends I haven’t seen in a while and start getting involved in our AAF Chapter. (Even more exciting will be our October Event, “When They Were Mad Men” featuring Cleveland veteran Advertising Executives.) If you can’t make it, be sure to follow #AAFCLE to hear comments from Cleveland Ad Execs.
2. Tweet-Up: Again, cleveland.com is paring up with some of Cleveland’s best to bring the Cleveland Tweeps, an opportunity to meet, hang out and mingle with each other. This Tweet-Up has potential to be the best yet as Cleveland.com is teaming up with the Cleveland Browns. Some of my favorite Tweeps, great atmosphere and the potential to win Cleveland Browns tickets? Count me in!
3. The Reagle Beagle Grand Re-Opening. Yes, this is a men’s only salon but my close friend (and my personal hair stylist) Anita is the owner so I’ll be heading out there on Saturday to support her and her staff. Swing by if you have time and check out the new services, features and great new layout. And guys – if you go there for a cut, tell Anita or Josie I sent you!
4. 2011 White Party. My first! Sean (former co-worker and friend and HappyinCLE blogger) hosts this annual party and I cannot wait. I’ve heard so much about it and know a lot of people going so it’s sure to be a highlight of my weekend. The only issue? Having a little difficulty finding a white outfit (with or without the accent color of green). Hopefully Express won’t fail me this week. (Follow #clewp2011 for all the insanity that will be had Saturday.)
5. Now, Saturday night’s party is going to be lead to a rough time tailgating on Sunday, but I’ll still be there. This week I’m going to make a much more conscious effort to see a lot of my friends and walk around Muni. I’m breaking my tailgating rule by being out way past 9:30 on Saturday night (in fact we aren’t leaving for the White Party until 10ish) but I’ll force myself up and at ’em with the rest of my Crew Sunday morning. (And I’m still going despite the fact that my coworker is trying to convince me the Browns lose when I’m in attendance.)
What are you looking forward to this week? Anyone else dragging the last two weeks in particular?