It’s hard to believe that Content Marketing World is just over a month away. I’m pretty sure I’ve been counting down for months, since being named a blogger for the event. I’ve picked my sessions, made evening plans and coordinated what speakers are must sees.
For those that are out of town, I wanted to put together a list of places to go and things to do. While many of the days are jam packed and there are plenty of events that are not to be missed, there will also be some down time to visit a few of my favorite places.
1. The Greenhouse Tavern – Fingers crossed the weather will be perfect for the end of summer/beginning of Fall and you’ll have the opportunity to check out the rooftop bar at Greenhouse which is one of my favorite views of East 4th Street. Grab a Manhattan and an order of the chicken wings and see why everyone raves about Chef Sawyer, our James Beard Foundation winner.
2. Hodge’s – Yes, Chef Chris Hodgson is a friend but the patio at Hodge’s makes it one of my favorite locations downtown. The bar is the perfect place to chat with one of their friendly bartenders, catch a game on TV and relax. My personal favorite? The Lake Erie (please note: these are dangerous.)
3. Lolita – No Cleveland visit is complete without a Chef Symon restaurant visit (in my opinion). If you can, grab a seat on the patio of Lolita and see why I adore all things Chef Symon.
4. Prosperity Social Club – this is a new favorite for me in Tremont. I’m not sure how I hadn’t been to Prosperity earlier but now that I have, the patio is my favorite place in the city. The drinks are delicious, the food is yummy and the atmosphere is spot on.
1. Cleveland Museum of Art – Sneak out of Downtown CLE for a little bit and escape at CMA. One of my favorite locations to sit and do work, you can bring your laptop and enjoy the view in the new atrium before walking around the museum.
2. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame – So I’ve only been to the Rock Hall like twice. Ever. But(!) every time I’ve gone, it’s been one of my favorite ways to spend an afternoon. Music lovers – no matter the genre – will have plenty to learn and take it at the museum.
3. Progressive Field – The Tribe will be opening up a home stand and as summer winds down, it’s the perfect place to relax and enjoy a nice cold one as CMWorld comes to a close. Check out the new food options at Progressive Field, The Corner Bar or watch the bullpen warm up in right field.
Coming to CLE for #CMWorld? Tweet me (@cacoughlin) and let me know if you have any questions or need suggestions on where to go! Better yet, tweet me during CMWorld and let’s chat!
Disclosure: I’m one of four bloggers for CMWorld this year. In return for promoting CMWorld and acting as a CLE ambassador, I was giving one ticket for the conference. All opinions are my own.