Nothing feels more like the holidays to me than curling up, candles and tree lit, (spiked) hot chocolate and a Christmas movie. It brings me right back to childhood (minus the spiked hot chocolate, obvi). And there are some movies that you just have to watch every holiday season. Here are a few of my favorite things/holiday movies (pretty close in order starting with my most favorite):
1. A Christmas Story – you can’t live in Cleveland and not love this movie, I don’t think. The minute it starts playing for 24 straight hours, I know I watch it at least two times.
2. A Charlie Brown Christmas – Charlie Brown is a family tradition. My cousins and I used to watch the holiday movies at our grandparents house every year and that tradition still continues. The only difference is I have a glass of wine or bubbles in my hand while we watch.
3. Home Alone – Laughter. Just lots of laughter.
4. Elf – If you know me well, you know I have a thing for two comedians. One is Jimmy Fallon and the other is Will Ferrell. And how can you not just smile during this movie?
5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas – Classic. Who doesn’t love the Who’s?
6. Miracle on 34th Street – Another classic that you cant turn off when it comes on. I have to watch this one at least once, if not twice every holiday season.
7. Love, Actually – Gotta have a chick flick or two on the list. I feel like this is everyone’s favorite though.
8. The Holiday – Just another cute chick flick, holiday-themed movie. Never fails it plays a few times between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
What movies are your must-watch over the holidays?