Look at that – my first Fabulous Friday post!
Being the day after Thanksgiving, I think my first post has to be about all the fabulous things currently going on in my life that I’m thankful for – plus it’s a good reminder to me that even when things suck, there’s something to be thankful for.
So Fabulous things in my life:
1. Fabulous Family – who have supported every move in my life and encouraged me to take a risk and change careers.
2. Fabulous Career – speaking of, I love my job and have a fantastic work family. Yes, we fight occasionally but the fun that we have far outweighs anything else, whether it’s nerf gun fights, volunteering together, going to an Indians game or our morning trips to Starbucks (and the afternoon ones too)
3. Fabulous BFF – I’ll try not to tear up while I’m writing this but The BFF is one of the best things that I’ve received in my life. A constant support, laughter and therapy sessions, he’s always there for me – no matter what. Again, we’ve fought. But really, I can only think of one major fight. Our weekly phone calls are one of the things that I’m so thankful for. He’s seriously the best and a reminds me that he’s the only BFF I really need.
4. Fabulous Friends – Yes, I have a fantastic BFF but I also adore my friends, new and old. This year I’ve been so blessed to meet so many new people who I know get to call my friends. Whether it’s been hanging out at happy hours, tailgating or annual parties, I’m so blessed to have these people in my life.
5. Fabulous Home – another big decision I made this year – moving. And I love being in the city and so close to downtown (literally 5 minutes away from downtown).
6. Fabulous City – speaking of, I love my city. I’ve had opportunities to move the last few years but one thing that always keeps me here is this city. I love everything about it. The sports teams (even on their bad weeks), the restaurants, the traditions….Cleveland owns my heart.
7. Fabulous Education (preschool and on, seriously!) – I was blessed to have gone to private school my entire life and while some people may see that as a negative, it’s totally a blessing in my life. I still have so many friends that I went to elementary school or high school with. I’m very thankful for the education that I received.
8. Fabulous Servicemen – Yes, as in the army, marines and navy. With so many friends that have served, every year I try to remember what they have given up for me. I’m so blessed to have known many of them so well and to have seen the sacrifices they have given up for their country.
So on this Fabulous Friday, what in your life are you thankful for?